Skiing and snowboarding in the Murau-Kreischberg region
Skiing and snowboarding at Kreischberg
A total of 42 km of slopes await skiers and snowboarders:
- Blue slopes: 17 km
These ski slopes have a longitudinal and transverse gradient of no more than 25 %, with the exception of short sections on open terrain. They are ideal for beginners and rookies.
- Red slopes: 16 km
These ski slopes have a longitudinal and transverse gradient of no more than 40 %, with the exception of short sections on open terrain. Once you've mastered the first descents and are able to stand firmly on your skis, you might like to turn your attention to a red run.
- Black slopes: 9 km
These ski slopes have a longitudinal and transverse gradient of more than 40 %. They put experienced skiers to the test in all respects; they are sometimes icy or crooked.
It goes without saying that there are ski schools and snowboarding schools on site, awarded the quality seal for Styrian ski schools. They offer courses for both children and adults as well as snowboarding lessons, freestyle training, private lessons and workshops.
- Ski school Kreischberg, owner Mayer
- Snowboard school Suli, owner Summan
- Richi's skischool and outdoor center, owners Wirnsberger
Fun & action on the Kreischberg
Skiers and snowboarders are treated to countless attractions throughout the ski resort, making their day of winter sports even more of a blast. There is of course ski and snowboard hire available, situated at the valley station!
At the mountain station for the 6-seater gondola lift, there are three secured runs waiting for you. Whizz down the slope on a "tube", and come to a gentle halt thanks to the counter slope. This recreational winner is also suitable for non-winter athletes. If you're with a group of skiers but fancy sitting it out one day, then we recommend getting up on the mountain, sitting in the sunshine for a while, and getting stuck into tubing!
Mountain huts and places to stop for a bite
A successful day on the skis or snowboard wouldn't be complete without some culinary contentment. At the Kreischberg ski resort, there are several restaurants and ski huts open for business. Enjoy your break on a sun terrace, fortify yourself with some Styrian delicacies or delight in the comfort of a traditional mountain hut (in summer too).
- Panoramaschirm bar at the mountain station on the peak of the Kreischberg
- Kreischbergwirt in the centre of the ski resort
- The Rieglerhütte offers authentic mountain hut atmosphere
- Berg7 is a bar, located right by the valley station for the gondola lift.
- The Schluckspecht ("guzzler") at the Rosenkranzlift does what its name suggests.
- The Grillboden restaurant can be found at the halfway station for the 6-seater gondola lift.
- Discover the infamous Kastanienbar in the valley
- Bring your day skiing or snowboarding to a proper close at the Einkehrschwung next to the valley station
- The JagaAlm is located right by the valley run, a little way above the car park near the BigAir.