Cycling in Styria
Cycling in the Murau-Kreischberg region
As a visitor to the region, you have ample opportunity to use the existing cycling infrastructure. Rent out your bike or e-bike at the local hire stations. If you are travelling with your own bike, there are of course service stations that will deal with repairs both big and small.
The right equipment for cycling
- A fully fitted bike and a lightweight, well-ventilated helmet are important.
- Your bike will need two independent brakes.
- Pedals must be non-slip and fitted with reflectors.
- A bell or similar should be fixed to the handlebars.
- A light headlamp must be mounted at the front; a red back light on the rear of the bike.
- A red reflector is just as necessary as two yellow spoke reflectors.
- Drinking bottle.
- Good footwear and windproof clothing, preferably reflective.
- Air pump.
Cycling has a positive effect on your health!
- Cycling stimulates the blood circulation; over the long term your heart will become more efficient.
- As you cycle, your lungs are equally supplied with oxygen.
- Cycling helps to protect your joints as you exercise; it facilitates good blood flow to the muscles and joints.
- Cycling strengthens the back muscles.
- Regular cycling trains your endurance levels.
- Cycling trains your leg muscles, back and abdominal muscles, and shoulders and arms.