Murau parisch church (Stadtpfarrkirche)
Construction of the church began above the town in 1284, halfway up the southern slope of the Schlossberg. It was dedicated to St. Matthew in 1296, but a few more years went by before the building was finally complete.
To celebrate its 700-year anniversary, a local artist by the name of Hans Schattner created a modern way of the cross for the church in 1996, in collaboration with the chaplain of the time, Dr. Markus Plöbst.
In 2006, the exterior of the church was renovated, restoring its original Gothic colouring (white-red).
Church tours including a visit to the crypt 2019
- 30 July
- 27 August
- 24 September
Each at 10 am.
Meet outside the church. Voluntary donations!